Director Master Programs
ESMT Berlin is the highest ranked business school in Germany and Top 8 in Europe. Founded by 25 leading global companies, ESMT offers MSc, MBA and PhD programs, as well as executive education on its campus in Berlin, in locations around the world, and in online blended format. We strongly believe in cross-team collaboration to achieve our mission to develop entrepreneurial leaders who think globally and act responsibly.
For our programs department, we are looking for a
Director Master Programs
(m/f/x, full-time, to start as soon as possible)
The Master programs portfolio at ESMT Berlin comprises all program targeting students or working professionals with 0-2 years’ post-graduate professional experience. Currently ESMT is launching three new programs, and ESMT expects to significantly increase the intake of students by 2025. The Director Master Programs will manage this launch and subsequently work on the further development of the programs in close alignment with students and employers. Prospectively, the Director Master Programs will work on the development of additional new learning offers in the “pre-experience” space, both certificate and degree-based, as well as in-person and online.
- Take full P&L responsibility for programs in the relevant market segment, including existing programs, and the development of new programs to meet segment needs
- Ensure programs in the cluster are developed in line with market needs through competitive analysis, corporate outreach, internal capacity analysis, and overall school strategy
- Determine overall market positioning of programs in your portfolio and work closely with the Directors of other program department functional units to ensure this is reflected in marketing, recruitment, admissions and placement
- Manage program delivery through the program management team, including coordination of curriculum scheduling, liaising with ESMT and external stakeholders such as career services, international office, student services, and visiting faculty
- Own the regular program review process for existing programs; with the help of the Dean of Faculty and Research, form program review teams consisting of faculty and professional staff to ensure market appropriateness of programs in your portfolio
- Be responsible for the development of the rankings of programs within the portfolio
- Contribute to accreditation documentation with sections relevant to programs in your portfolio
You are qualified for this position, because you have
- An intimate knowledge of the international graduate management education market, documented through a minimum of three years of work experience in a senior function in higher education
- The proven ability to manage and grow a portfolio of products or services with business / profit responsibility
- Focus on customers and customer satisfaction
- People management skills – experience in leading a team of professionals
This is what we can offer you
ESMT offers a very collegial and international environment with employees from more than 35 different countries. We encourage a self-driven attitude and contributions with meaningful and lasting impact. We celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, our programs, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that guarantees employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or age. We work together on our campus in the heart of Berlin-Mitte. You can get here by public transport or bike and enjoy your lunches in our private restaurant and café or next to the beautiful Spree. Make use of our big garden and enjoy coffee and tea on the house.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Please submit your application until March 31st, 2023 by using our online application form, including:
- Motivation letter
- CV with relevant certificates and references
- Salary expectations and possible start date
Tel: 030 21231 0