Alliance Manager - FOME
ESMT Berlin is the highest-ranked business school in Germany and Top 10 in Europe. Founded by 25 leading global companies, ESMT offers master and PhD programs, as well as executive education on its campus in Berlin, in locations around the world, and in an online blended format. We strongly believe in cross-team collaboration to achieve our mission to develop entrepreneurial leaders who think globally and act responsibly.
ESMT Berlin is a founding member of the Future of Management Education (FOME) Alliance, which is a vibrant and evolving partnership of like-minded business schools with a shared vision to catalyze digital innovation in business education. Our mission is to be global leaders in the development and delivery of immersive and highly engaging online and hybrid business education experiences. FOME is currently transitioning to become its own entity and independent organization. To support the alliance and this process, ESMT seeks a person, on behalf and with the support of the FOME partners, as:
Office & Community Manager [Alliance Manager] - Future of Management Education Alliance
(full-time (40 hours/week), to start in July 1, 2023, one year contract at ESMT Berlin)
As Alliance Manager, you will
- Provide high level administrative and office support to ensure efficient running of the day-to-day activities of the alliance
- Support various stakeholders in network coordination tasks. Stakeholders include: executives (Chair and Deputy Chair of the alliance), as well as to the FOME Management Committee and various FOME working parties, taskforce groups, and others
- Effectively manage multiple deadlines and calendars, understanding the priorities of various tasks, groups and committees, and forward planning of critical events including conferences
- Communicate professionally and effectively with all internal and external parties
- Work across multiple time zones and undertake concurrent tasks
- Update the alliance website, as required
- Proactively manage email correspondence and ensure systems are in place to manage priorities and respond appropriately
- Drive the process of finding a suitable legal framework for the incorporation of FOME starting in 2024
You are qualified for this position, because you
- Are an experienced executive assistant/office manager and organizational talent
- Have a bachelor degree in business/management or apprenticeship in office management, or equivalent
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills, which are critical to this position
- Are able to anticipate needs and be proactive to provide support
- Have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Are comfortable acting as a point-of-contact among various internal and external stakeholders and display a high level of professionalism whilst doing so
- Have a high proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, and various other office and web software
- Have a track record in systems management and improvement
- Have experience working with and managing projects with remote stakeholders
- (ideally) understand the higher education sector in multiple jurisdictions, and the landscape of business education and business schools, as well as the broader education sector
This is what we can offer you
The FOME Alliance was founded in 2018, catalyzes digitally innovative business education, and believes that online learning can have a transformational impact on learners, organizations, and societies. Our dynamic partnership and collaborative ethos leverage the collective capabilities, unique global coverage and perspectives, expertise, and evidence-based pedagogical insights of our members to offer educational programs that are regarded as amongst the best online and hybrid learning experiences in the world. We apply the highest ethical standards and work together to make a difference to each other, to our students, and in the world. Through our collaboration, we actively develop new pedagogies, generate new ideas, and produce new programs and courses that are underpinned by an innovative and high-quality digital experience. We believe in the freedom of intellectual inquiry and cherish and respect the value of diverse cultures, groups, and individuals.
You will have the opportunity to grow, be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant alliance. We offer you very flexible working arrangements. You can do this job remote within Germany and can also work – from time to time – at ESMT Berlin. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to travel internationally.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Please submit your application by using our online application system, including:
- Motivation letter
- CV with relevant certificates and references
- Salary expectations and possible start date