Research Assistant - Sustainable Development
ESMT Berlin is the highest-ranked business school in Germany and Top 8 in Europe. Founded by 25 leading global companies, ESMT offers master and PhD programs, as well as executive education on its campus in Berlin, in locations around the world, and in an online blended format. We strongly believe in cross-team collaboration to achieve our mission to develop entrepreneurial leaders who think globally and act responsibly.
Raji Jayaraman, a Professor of Economics and Academic Director of the FUTURE Institute for Sustainable Transformation at ESMT Berlin, is looking for a research assistant in the area of sustainable development.
The research assistant is a Master student, who is self-disciplined, well-organized, pro-active, and possesses strong communication and data analytic skills. A background in economics, interest in Africa, and familiarity with ESMT are a plus. Programming and project management experience are a bonus.
(m/f/x, part-time - 10 h/week, to start as soon as possible)
- provide administrative assistance
- conduct literature reviews
- support data collection and analysis
You are qualified for this position, because you
- are working on your master’s degree in management or economics
- possess strong analytical skills and an ability to work with some of the following: Stata, R, Python, and SQL
- are curious, mission-driven, self-directed and proactive
- have a keen interest in sustainable development
- are a good oral and written communicator
- are fluent in English; French and German are a plus
This is what we can offer you
ESMT offers a very collegial and international environment with employees from more than 35 different countries. We encourage a self-driven attitude and contributions with meaningful and lasting impact. We celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, our programs, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that guarantees employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or age. We work together on our campus in the heart of Berlin-Mitte. You can get here by public transport or bike and enjoy your lunches in our private restaurant and café or next to the beautiful Spree. Make use of our big garden and enjoy coffee and tea on the house.
We are looking forward to receiving your application
Please submit your application by using our online application form, including:
- Motivation letter
- CV with relevant certificates and references
- Salary expectations and possible start date
Human Resources Manager
Tel: 030 21231 0