Research Associate / PhD student
ESMT Berlin is the highest-ranked business school in Germany and Top 8 in Europe. Founded by 25 leading global companies, ESMT offers master and PhD programs, as well as executive education on its campus in Berlin, in locations around the world, and in an online blended format. We strongly believe in cross-team collaboration to achieve our mission to develop entrepreneurial leaders who think globally and act responsibly.
ESMT Berlin is looking for a PhD student in the area of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Research Associate / PhD student
(m/f/d, part-time, (50%) Research Associate position, temporary contract for 2 years with option to extend, to start as soon as possible)
Your tasks will include
- Conduct independent research and in preparation of your own PhD dissertation
- Collaborate on research projects with the faculty of ESMT
- Contribute to the research activities at ESMT, i.e. design and execution of research projects, presenting results at national and international conferences, preparation of scientific publications
- Support ESMT faculty in the delivery of face to face and blended (online) courses
- Assist in the quality assurance of content and its development
- Provide live tutorial sessions as required
- Support faculty with grading and Master’s thesis supervision
- Hold a Master's degree (or equivalent) in Management, Economics, Engineering or related fields with good grades
- Strong interest in independently conducting rigorous research on new questions
- Documented excellent academic achievements and an interest in an academic career
- Good knowledge of quantitative methods, a good command of statistical software packages such as Stata, and an interest in learning new research methods
This is what we can offer you
- Integrated structured training curriculum of scientific and professional skills taught in English
- Comprehensive training and mentoring program
- Access to international research networks
- Doctoral student payment of 2.125,- EUR/month (20 hours/week)
ESMT offers a very collegial and international environment with employees from more than 35 different countries. We encourage a self-driven attitude and contributions with meaningful and lasting impact. We celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, our programs, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that guarantees employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or age. We work together on our campus in the heart of Berlin-Mitte. You can get here by public transport or bike and enjoy your lunches in our private restaurant and café or next to the beautiful Spree. Make use of our big garden and enjoy coffee and tea on the house.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Please submit your application by using our online application system, including:
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) describing your motivation for applying and including a short outline of your major research interests
- Copies of academic transcripts and other certificates with all individual grades that are relevant for the examination and final grade
Human Resources Manager
Tel: 030 21231 0
Jobs at ESMT Berlin